Saturday, April 25, 2009

Soy Sauce, Ketchup, and Sesame Marinade

A lot of the recipes I have I collected over the years from my Cooking Light subscription. I have since stopped all magazine subscriptions because I never have anytime to read them these days and I felt like I was wasting paper.

This marinade is super simple and tastes so good with flank steak.

1 flank steak (I get ours from the local butcher by my work. Best meat around!)
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil ( i use toasted)

I also add in ginger (frozen and shaved). And also the frozen garlic cubes from Trader Joe's. If you don't have them in your freezer then buy them now. They are a staple in ours.

Dump all ingredients into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Add meat and let marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.

BBQ or broil. I prefer BBQ.

We eat it alone, on salad and in burritos.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! I have no idea how you find the time...and especially to see such yummy recipes.. At work, I have been complaining that I'm running out of ideas to cook, and tried to get my co workers to have a recipe sharing day of there favorits...that hasn't happened yet..and now you are to my rescue! Also, I love your background...see, I don't even know how to create my own...u can show me one day!

    ReplyDelete