Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Carolina Rub Pork Chops


This has to be one of my favorite pork chop recipes. I found it in Cooking Light a while back and ever since then we have had our bbq'd chops this way.

Dry Rub:
2 tsp garlic powder (or granulated - i use this)
1 tsp onion powder (or onion salt)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt

***I also add in Cayenne pepper. Also you may want to increase the amounts above. I use that rub for 2 chops. Their recipe call for 4. I think you need more seasoning.

BBQ sauce of your choice - just don't use something weird like teriyaki BBQ sauce, that would just be gross.

4 - 4 oz pork chops

mix rub ingredients in a small bowl
pat chops dry
apply rub to all sides of chops
let sit for 10 minutes
BBQ chops on one side, then flip and halfway through bbqing on the other side apply bbq sauce and then finish cooking.

So yummy! goes great with brown rice and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment